Use TVBR AAC-LC Instead of MP3 for your Music Collection
MP3 is seriously outdated people…and so is NeroAACenc. There are better options out there now and keeping your audio in AAC-LC format at TVBR127 quality gives you excellent audio quality along with small filesizes.
Lack of encoding utilities for doing this is somewhat of an issue…but you can have foobar2000 and QAAC encoding to AAC TVBR127 fairly quickly and painlessly.
- Download and install QuickTime
- Download and extract QAAC
- Download and install foobar2000
- You can access the foobar2000 converter by right clicking a song or songs within foobar2000 and going to Convert -> …
- See screens below; foobar essentially decodes the file you’re converting to a temporary wave file and passes it to QAAC along with the custom commands you put in the “Parameters”
I guess you could always keep your whole collection in FLAC as well if you have the space…but I think that TVBR 127 is the new best lossy audio format vs MP3 320KBps that a lot of people still seem to be using.